Galway, September 2006 31st Sir Peter Freyer Memorial Lecture and Surgical Symposium,
1. Plenary Session: Technical and clinical outcome in Para-Renal Aortic Repair with Single Suprarenal Artery clamping? A parallel group observational contrast study of elective /Emergency Supra-Renal Aortic aneurysm Repair (SRAR) and Infrarenal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (IRAR) in a tertiary referral university centre.
2. Supragenicular Bypass using Cuffed Synthetic Grafts in Management of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI): An Observational Parallel Group Prospective Comparative Study.
3. Derivation and Validation of a Predictive Index of Morbidity and Mortality in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair. A Comparison with Physiological and Operative Severity Score for Enumeration of Morbidity and Mortality (Possum, Modified Portsmouth Possu, Lee Revised Cardiac Risk Index and European System for Cardiac Risk Evaluation (Euroscore)
4. Role of Prostaglandin E2 Infusion in Improved Peri-Operative Outcome in Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
5. Carotid Artery Intervention in High-Risk Patients; A Prospective Observational Study of Carotid Artery Stenting with Neuro-Protection (CAST) and Carotid Endarterectomy with Patching (CEA)
RAMI Registrar's Prize Meeting 2006 (Surgical Section), Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
6. Haemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) in Non-diabetic and Diabetic Vascular Patients. Is HbA1C an Independent Risk Factor and Predictor of Adverse Outcome?
Limerick, March 2006. Sylvester O’Halloran Surgical Meeting,
7. An Observational Parallel Group Comparison Study of Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (DUAM) with Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) and Conventional Angiography (CA) as Sole Pre-operative Investigative Tools for Endovascular revascularizations.
8. Haemoglobin A1C (HbA1c) in nondiabetic vascular patients. Is HbA1C an independent risk factor and predictor of adverse outcome?
Galway 2006. Annual Meeting Biomedical Engineering Institute of Ireland
9. Do Cerebral Protection Devices perform effectively? Met analysis and critique of licensed cerebral protection devices..
10. Analysis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) geometry using Reconstructed 3- Dimensional Models of Patient-specific Aneurysms – A preliminary prospective study of 31 cases.
11. Computer simulation to evaluate the efficacy of intermittent pneumatic compression on systemic blood circulation.
Glasgow, UK, November 2006. Anuual meeting of the Vascular Surgery Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
1. Role of prostaglandin E2 infusion in improved peri-operative outcome in open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair.
Prague, Czech Republic, May 2006: The European Society for Vascular Surgery, XIX Annual Meeting
2. Non-operative active management of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI): Initial experience using a Sequential Compression Biomechanical Device (SCBD) for acute Limb Salvage in CLI.
Cannes, France, June 2006. MEET congress Multi-disciplinary European Endovascular Therapy.
3. A parallel group observational study of open (OR), endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) and non-operative management (NOM) in high-risk patients. Has the availability of EVAR expanded our indications for intervention with improved survival and cost-effectiveness?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, June 2006. Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society (PVSS)
4. Does Single Supra renal Artery clamping alter outcome in Juxta-Renal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (JRAR)? A parallel group observational study of the technical and clinical outcome of Infrarenal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (IRAR) and Supra-Renal Aortic aneurysm Repair (SRAR).
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, March 2006: Alistair Karmody Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery 34th Annual Symposium.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair in Octagenarians versus Younger Patients in a Tertiary Referral Centre: 5-year survival rate of non-operative AAA.
Galway, Ireland. May 2006. 4th Annual Western Vascular Symposium.
6. The impact of the differential expression of Extracellular Matrix Metalloproteinase Inducer, Matrix Metalloproteinase-2, Tissue Inhibitor of Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 and PDGF-AA on the Chronicity of Venous Leg Ulcers.
7. Do Cerebral Protection Devices perform effectively? Meta-analysis and Critique of licensed Cerebral Protection Devices.
8. Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) rupture.
9. Active Sequential Compression Devices in the DVT Prophylaxis: Which device to use for Vascular Patients?
10. Supragenicular Bypass using Cuffed Synthetic Grafts in Management of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI): An observational parallel group prospective comparative study.
11. Amends in the Management of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI). The Influence of Deliberate Practice Volume on Limb Salvage Rates and long-term Survival. A 15-year experience.
12. A Scoring Angioplasty Balloon Catheter for the Management of Complex Tibial Arterial Lesions in Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI): A Prospective Pivotal Study, early results.
13. Non-operative active management of Critical Limb Ischaemia: Initial experience using a Sequential Compression Biomechanical Device for Limb Salvage.
14. Comparative Assessment of morbidity following femoral incision in Vascular Surgery: Transverse Versus Longitudinal Incision.
15. Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) ablation of the Long Saphenous Vein (LSV). Analysis of early efficacy and complications. The one-hour admission Varicose Vein Therapy.
16. A Comparison of Open and Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair with Best Medical Treatment: Has the availability of EVAR expanded our indications for Intervention and improved survival?
17. Does single Supra-renal Artery clamping alter outcome in Juxta-Renal Aortic Aneurysm Repair(JRAR)? A parallel group observational study of the technical and clinical outcome of Infrarenal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (IRAR) and Supra-renal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (SRAR).
18. Implementation of the continuous Auto-transfusion System (CATS) in Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) repair: An observational comparative cohort study.
19. Is HbA1C an independent Risk Factor and Predictor of Adverse Outcome in Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Vascular Patients?
20. Critical Bleeding in Vascular Surgery Expanding the Indication of Recombinant Factor VII (rFVIIa).
21. A Prospective observational longitudinal study of Pharmacological Manipulation in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Surgery: Are Statins, Beta-blockers and Anti-platelet Therapy the best Combination.
22. Ankle Brachial Pressure Index (ABI) as an Independent Prognostic Factor in Vascular Surgical Patients.
23. Carotid Artery intervention in High-Risk patients; A Prospective Observational Study of Carotid Artery Stenting with neuro-protection (CAST) and Carotid Endarterectomy with Patching (CEA).
24. Scalenus Anterior Resection in the management of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
Double blinded randomized trial of thin versus ultra-thin Dacron patching in carotid endarterectomy (CEA): short-term technical and clinical outcome.
Edinburgh, UK, May 2006 Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland, ASGBI 2006 Annual Scientific Meeting,
1. Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (Duam) as Sole Pre-Operative Evaluation Tool for Endovascular Revacularisation (EVR) in Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI). A Prospective Study of Duam, Conventional Angiography (CA) and Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
2. Does single Suprarenal artery clamping alter outcome in Juxtarenal aortic aneurysm repair? A parallel group observational study of the technical and clinical outcome of infrarenal aortic aneurysm repair and suprarenal aortic aneurysm repair.
3. Critical Bleeding in vascular surgery. Expanding the indication of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa).
Las Vegas, Nevada, March 2006, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, 34th Annual Symposium on Vascular Surgery,
4. A comparison of open (OR) and endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) with best medical treatment (BMT). Has the availability of EVAR expanded our indications for intervention, and improved survival?
5. A Prospective Observational Study of Carotid artery Stenting (CAST) under neuro-protection and Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) in High-Risk Patients. Short term results.
Limerick, Ireland, March 2006, Sylvestor O’Halloran Surgical Meeting
6. Non-operative active management of critical limb ischemia (CLI): Initial experience using a sequential compression biomechanical device for limb salvage.
7. Meta-analysis of randomised controlled clinical trials in the management of lower limb venous ulcerations.