1. SITE: International Symposium on Endovascular Therapeutics Best Poster Award. June 2015, Barcelona Spain
Thoracic abdominal endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR) with chimney grafts, hybrid techniques and multi-layer stenting in the management of Thoracoabdominal Aortic Pathologies
2. SITE: International Symposium on Endovascular Therapeutics Oral Presentation Finalist. June 2015, Barcelona Spain
Evaluation of the Multilayer Flow Modulator in the Management of Complex Thoracoabdominal Aortic Pathology: A systematic Review and Metanalysis
3. International Society for Vascular Surgery, Certificate of Honor, ISVS 2014, July 2014, Guangzhou China
Endothelialisation processes and kinetics of stents.
4. International Society for Vascular Surgery, Certificate of Honor, ISVS 2014, July 2014, Guangzhou China
Illness Severity Scoring Systems and Risk Prediction in Vascular Intensive Care Admissions
5. Cleveland Clinic/Enterprise Ireland Clinical Innovation Award 2013, October 2013, Dublin, Ireland
Design of a stem cell delivery catheter.
6. iCON 2012, International Congress for Endovascular Specialists, Best Abstract Award, February 2012, Scottsdale Arizona, USA
Mid- to Long-term Experience of Clinical Efficacy and Cost Per Quality-Adjusted Life-Years With Pararenal Endovascular Aortic Repair (PEVAR) Without Fenestration for Pararenal AAA Compared With Open Surgical Repair.
7. CACVS Controversies and updates in vascular surgery, best abstract award, January 2012, Paris, France
Primary non-synthetic AVFs: Are proximal AVF access procedures superior to distal access interventions ? A 5 years experience
8. Wound Management Association of Ireland Conference, October 2011, Galway, Ireland
The Results of the Sequential Compression Biomechanical Device in Patients with Critical Limb Ischaemia and Non-Reconstructable Peripheral Vascular Disease
9. SVS 2011 Annual Meeting, Best Poster Award, June 2011, Chicago, IL, USA
Technical Superiority and Clinical Excellence of Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (DUAM) vs Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA), as the Sole Imaging Modality in Bypass Surgery (BS) and Endovascular Revascularisation (EvR)For Critical Lower Ischemia (CLI) Patients. 6 Years Comparative Study in a Tertiary Referral Vascular Centre
10. AmplazerBest Poster Award, SITE 2011, May 2011, Barcelona Spain
Five-Year Irish Trial of CLI Patients with TASC II Type C/D Lesions Undergoing Subintimal Angioplasty or Bypass Surgery Based on Plaque Echolucency
11. Alistair Karmody Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery 39th Annual Symposium, March 2011, Orlando, Florida, U.S.A.
Technical and Clinical Excellence of Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (DUAM), as the sole imaging modality in Bypass Surgery (BS) and Endovascular Revascularisation (EvR)
12. ETI 2011 –Best Abstract Award: Endovascular Therapy International, March 2011, Siena, Italy
Five-Year Irish Trial of CLI Patients With TASC II Type C/D Lesions Undergoing Subintimal Angioplasty (SIA) or Bypass Surgery(BG) Based on Plaque Echolucency
13. RAMI Clinical Case Conference Winner, November 2010, Dublin
TEVAR Hybrid Repair for a Challenging Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
14. First Place ISVS Poster Abstract Award, 10th International Vascular and Endovascular Course (IVEC) /International Society for Vascular Surgery (ISVS), October 2010, Milan, Italy
Cardiovascular Burden is More Treacherous Than any Neoplastic Pathology; Prevalence of Malignancies Post AAA Repair: an Eight Years Observational Study of EVAR vs Open Repair
15. Second Place ISVS Poster Abstract Award, 10th International Vascular and Endovascular Course (IVEC) /International Society for Vascular Surgery (ISVS), October 2010, Milan, Italy
Preoperative Vascular Screening and its Clinical Implications in the Presence of Aortic, Carotid and Peripheral Pathology for the Strategic Certitude for Vascular Surgery Patient’s Outcome
16. European Society for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Research Travel Grant, September 2010, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fast track Carotid Surgery is the Gold Standard for High-risk (HRP) Carotid Artery Intervention: Five year Cost-effectiveness and Quality Stroke Free Survival Comparison between Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA), Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting Technique (CAST) and Optimal Medical Therapy(OMT) In Symptomatic Patients at a University Vascular Centre with Appraisal of the Contemporary Prose.
17. MEET 2010 Poster Competition, Multidisciplinary European Endovascular Therapies congress, June 2010, Palais du Pharo, Marseilles, France
A prospective comparative study of pre-operative Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (DUAM), Digital-Subtraction Angiography (DSA) and Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) in Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI) prior to Bypass Surgery (BS) or Endovascular
18. Sir Peter Samuels Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery 38th Annual Symposium, March 2010, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
A Mid to long term Experience of Clinical Efficacy and Cost per Quality-Adjusted -Life Years with Pararenal Endovascular Aortic Repair (PEVAR) without Fenestration for Para-renal AAA compared with Open Surgical Repair.
19. 2009 Henry Hutchinson Medal for the 3rd annual intercollegiate RCSI surgical case presentations
Complex Carotid Surgery: A pain in the neck.
20. European Society for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Research Travel Grant, September 2008, Nice France
Contemporary Management of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI) in the femoro-popliteal segment. Randomization of CLI Patients with TASC C and D lesions to Subintimal Angioplasty (SIA) or Bypass surgery (BS) in concurrence to plaque echolucency: 5-year Irish Trial.
21. Alistair Karmody Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery 36th Annual Symposium, March 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada.
A prospective comparative study of pre-operative Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (DUAM), Digital-Subtraction Angiography (DSA) and Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) in Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI) prior to Endovascular Revascularization (EvR).Clinical, Technical and Economic outcome
22. Cardiovascular Revascularisation Best Paper Award, CRT2008
Paradigm Shift In Management Of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI) In The 21St Century. Randomization Of CLI Patients With TASC C And D Lesions To Subintimal Angioplasty (SIA) Or Bypass Surgery (BS) In Concurrence To Plaque Echolucency In The Femoro-popliteal Segment. The 5-year Irish Trial
23. Bard Best Paper Award at the International Society for Endovascular Therapy, January 2008, Florida
Subintimal Angioplasty (SIA) vs Bypass for Critical Lower Limb Ischemia in Patients with TASC C and D Lesions: 5-Year Result.
24. Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society 2008, Travel Grant, February 2008, Colorado
The Role of Prostaglandin I2 Infusion in Elective Open Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
25. Veith Symposium International Research Award, 34th Annual Veith symposium, November 2007, New York
Management of Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia in the 21st century. Randomization of Patients with TASC D lesions to Subintimal Angioplasty or Bypass surgery depending on plaque echoloucency in the occluded femoro-popliteal segment. The 5-year Irish Trial.
26. International Society of Vascular Specialists Award Paper, 34th Annual Veith Symposium, November 2007, New York
A Prospective Clinical, Economic and Quality of Life Analysis of Open Repair (OR), Endovascular Repair (EVAR) and Best Medical Treatment (BMT) in High-Risk Patients with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) Suitable for EVAR: The Irish Patient Trial.
27. InterTrade Ireland's Equity Network winner of the Best International Emerging Company in the All-Island Seedcorn Business Competition, November 2007, Galway
28. Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland, Poster Prize Winner ASGBI 2006 Annual Scientific Meeting, May 2006, Edinburgh
Duplex Ultrasound Arterial Mapping (DUAM) as Sole Pre-Operative Evaluation Tool for Endovascular Revacularisation (EVR) in Critical Lower Limb Ischaemia (CLI). A Prospective Study of DUAM, Conventional Angiography (CA) and Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
29. Alistair Karmody Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery 34th Annual Symposium, March 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair in Octagenarians versus Younger Patients in a Tertiary Referral Centre: 5-year survival rate of non-operative AAA.
30. International Society of Vascular Specialists Award Paper, 32nd Annual Veith Symposium, November 2005, New York
A Comparison Of Open And Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair With Best Medical Treatment: Has The Availability Of EVAR Expanded Our Indications For Intervention And Improved Survival?
31. The Mediterranean League of Angiology and Vascular Surgery Jacobson’s Prize, September 2005, Palermo, Italy
Carotid artery intervention in High-Risk Patients; A Prospective parallel group Study of Carotid artery Stenting (CAST) under neuro-protection and Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA)
32. Professor Fred Given Award, Department of Surgery, National University of Ireland Galway, June 2005, Galway, Ireland
A parallel group observational study of duplex angiography (DA), magnetic resonance angiography(MR) and digital subtraction angiography(DSA) to compare clinical and technical outcome in patients whose revascularization was based on DSA or MR with those based on DA
33. ISES Endovascular Fellows' Research Awards, International Congress XVII, February 2004, Phoenix, Arizona
Subintimal Angioplasty as a Primary Modality in the Management of Critical Limb Ischemia. A Parallel Group Study of Bypass versus Angioplasty in Aortoiliac and Femoropopliteal Occlusive Disease