The WVI conducts research on a regular basis. Below is a list of our current clinical projects. These projects are ongoing and results are freuqerntly presented as national and internation conferecnes, as well as in international peer-reviewed high impact journals.
For more information on these projects, Contact Us.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening programme in Ireland.
- Kinetic Elephant Trunk Technique in Chronic Symptomatic Aortic Dissection management.
- Open Surgery, Hybrid and Endovascular Repair of Arch Aneurysms and Dissections.
- Development of Malignancy Following Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair.
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR).
- Cost-Effectiveness of Endovascular Aortic Repair (rEVAR) vs. Open Surgical Repair (rOSR) of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Endovascular Aortic Repair (EVAR) vs. Open Surgical Repair (OSR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
- Predictive scoring outcomes in EVAR.
- SMA occulsions and bowel ischaemia.
- Endologix AFX endograft and retroperitoneal fibrosis.
- Hyperfibrogenaemia and EVAR.
- Endologix AFX endograft and aorto-iliac occlusive disease.
- Internal iliac artery sacrifice during EVAR.
- Use of the Multilayer flow modulator (MFM) device in stanford type b aortic dissection.
- Use of the Multilayer flow modulator (MFM) device in thoracoabdominal aortic anuerysm.
- Carotid angioplasty + endarcterectomy
- Carotid and vertebral dissection
- Carotid stump syndrome
- Stroke + carotid intervention
- Gender + carotid intervention
- Recurrent Carotid Artery Stenosis Following Carotid Revascularisation; Predictors and Risk factors
- Comparative Study of Cervical Carotid Artery Stenting Approach versus Groin Approach, versus Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid patch + endarcterectomy
- Art assist
- Wound care
- Topical wound oxygen in the Management of Chronic Refractory Venous Ulcers
- Homocysteine & PVD
- 5 arm study (angioplasty/bipass/artassist/primary amputation/endarcterectomy)
- Contemporary review of bypass surgery in the endovascular era
- Popliteal aneurysms
- Renal artery embolisation
- Intracerebral aneurysm
- Topical Wound Oxygen in the Management of Non-Healing Venous Ulcers
- Common femoral endarterectomy
- NT-ProBNP + vascular procedures