Galway, September 2003. XXXVIIIth Sir Peter Freyer Memorial Lecture and Surgical Symposium.
1. Outcome of primary revascularisation in lower limb critical ischaemia. A retrospective study in a tertiary referral vascular centre.
2. A comparative parallel group study with and without the ‘magic bullet’ in the perioperative and postoperative period for abdominal aortic aneurysms surgery and femoral popliteal segment revascularisation. Does the ‘magic bullet’ improve the 30-day morbidity and mortality outcome?
3. Does intravenous iloprost trometanol by Infusomat® have a role in the immediate postoperative period of abdominal aortic surgery. A prospective non-randomised clinical trial.
4. Adeno-associated, virus-mediated gene delivery to vascular cells in the rabbit carotid artery module: a controlled, randomised clinical trial.
Limerick, March 2003 Sylvester O’Halloran Surgical Meeting,
Opportunities in vascular surgery: endovascular intervention of the aorto-iliac and femoral-popliteal segments. A comparative parallel group study of bypass surgery and angioplasty.
Galway, 2003 XXXVIIIth Sir Peter Freyer Memorial Lecture and Surgical Symposium,
1. Does infection play a role in the pathogenesis of abdominal aortic aneurysm in the west of Ireland? Histopathology, culture and sensitivity results of 24 abdominal aortic aneurysm sacs and their clinical outcome.
2. Redefining the indications of carotid endarterectomy in patients with symptomatic carotid artery stenosis. One-year results of a carotid endarterectomy programme.
3. Outcome of abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in the octogenarian in a tertiary referral centre: does age matter?
Limerick, Ireland, March 2003, Sylvestor O’Halloran Surgical Meeting
4. Lack of association of interleukin-1beta and tumour necrosis factor-alpha polymorphisms with venous ulceration.
Comparative study of the use of synthetic graft in aortic and femoral-popliteal segment: does InterGardTM silver-impregnated Darcon and carbon DistafloTM graft offer a better outcome?